Ideal for any street party, home-made sausage rolls will be a popular choice after all it ain't no party without sausage rolls.
500g ready - made puff pastry
1 free range egg, beaten
8 herb sausages (ideally butchers quality) cut in two
plain flour for dusting
Small handful fresh thyme leaves
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 200
2. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured, roll out the pastry into a large rectangle and ideally as thick as a pound coin and cut lengthways into 2 long even rectangles.
3. In a bowl, remove the sausage meat by slitting the skins and popping out the meat, season with salt and pepper and add the fresh thyme leaves and combine.
4. Roll the mixture into sausage shapes with your hands (if mixture is a little sticky, add a little flour to your hands) and lay along the centre of each rectangle half.
5. Brush one end of each rectangle with a little of the beaten egg, then fold one side of the pastry over, encasing the filling. Repeat with the remaining pastry. Use a spoon or fingers to seal the join.
6. Cut the rolls into the sizes you want, place on a baking tray evenly spacing them out, brush with the remaining egg wash and bake in the oven for 25 min – 30 mins until the pastry is golden brown and the pastry has puffed. Remove from the oven, leave to cool slightly before serving.