To kick start our Royal Bake #FitForAQueen competition, we present to you our mini succulent sweet chilli beef burgers, perfect for any street party or summer BBQ.
TIME: 30 mins
MAKES: 10 Mini Burgers
IDEAL: Parties and BBQ's
250g quality minced beef
4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 beef stock cube
Salt and Pepper to season
2 Red onion sliced (10 x rings)
2 large tomatoes (10 x slices)
10 slices of streaky bacon
10 x small Cheddar Cheese slices
Home Bread Buns (Get the recipe)
or supermarket burger buns
1. In a bowl combine the minced beef, sweet chilli sauce, crumble the beef stock cube and add salt and pepper to season. Mix well with your hands and then carefully roll the mixture into balls, each about the size of a golf ball. Set in the palm of your hand and gently squeeze down to flatten the burgers to about 3cm in thickness.
TIP: Make sure all the burgers are the same thickness so that they cook evenly. Place on a plate cover with cling film and leave in the fridge to firm up for at least 30 mins.
2. Lightly oil a griddle pan and on a medium heat cook the burgers for about 5 mins each side, we then finished the burgers off by adding more sweet chilli and placing on the BBQ to add a smoky char-grilled flavour.
TIP: If you like your burgers pink in the middle, cook 1 min less each side. For well done, cook 1 min more.
3. Place the streaky bacon on a tray and grill until crispy.
4. Remove the burgers and leave to rest.
5. For the garnish take the red onion ring slices and tomatoes and place on the griddle pan to caramelise for a few minutes.
6. Add a sweet onion chutney to your onions and leave for a few minutes to let it soak in.
7. Now the fun part, stack you burger
8. Enjoy. Don't forget these burgers are a great way to get creative with you topping and fillings! #FitForAQueen