A little favourite of ours, these fruity little muffins are perfect for that lighter breakfast choice, afternoon tea…well actually any time; you don’t need an excuse to enjoy one of these tasty little numbers.
And with raspberries in season, these muffins are packed full of flavour!
Prep: 30 mins
Bake: 15-20 mins
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 150g caster Sugar
- 4 Medium eggs
- 200g strong white bread flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 125g passion fruit pulp and seeds (from 3-4 large fruit)
- 175g raspberries
- Pre Heat your oven to 200°C Place 12 cases in a muffin tray or line the muffin moulds with scrunched squares of baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together over the mixture and fold in lightly until only just combined: do not overwork. Add the passion fruit pulp and fold in until just combined.
- Divide half the muffin mixture evenly between the paper cases, add a raspberry or two to each. Top with the remaining muffin mix and stud the tops with the remaining raspberries.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the muffins are golden and spring back when gently pressed.