In deepest darkest winter we all need a comfort blanket and there's nothing more satisfying than a casserole to get you through. What’s more a casserole couldn’t be more fuss free, so if cooking feels like a chore after a long day this recipe will be bubbling away in no time, leaving you to put your feet up.
- 6 good quality pork sausages
- 500g new potatoes
- 400g tin of tomatoes
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 3 carrots x3
- 300g shallots
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- A few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 190°C
- Chop the sausages in half. Peel and chop the carrots into quarters. Chop the new potatoes in half. Peel the shallots, chop off the ends but leave them whole.
- In a pan, fry the sausages in oil for 4 minutes, then add the onions and cook for a further 6 minutes in a pan until brown.
- Add the new potatoes and carrots to the pan and pour in the tinned tomatoes and vegetable stock. Add the tomato purée and a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce to the pan. Stir and bring the pan to the boil.
Then turn down the heat, put the pan lid on and gently simmer for 30 mins until the carrots and potatoes are cooked.
- Serve with bread rolls or slices of bread and butter, or enjoy on its own.