From Sweet to Savoury, Classic to American style we all have our favourite fillings and toppings when it comes to pancake day.
So if your going to be flipping out those pancakes this Shrove Tuesday, and fancy getting a little creative then here's a few of our favourite pancake recipes:
This quick and easy recipe is perfect for your favourite sweet or savoury fillings.
140g plain flour
200ml whole milk
25g unsalted butter, melted, plus a little extra for greasing
1. In a large bowl, sift the flour and add a pinch of salt, and make a well in the middle. Combine the milk and 100ml of water together. Break the eggs in the well and slowly whisk together. Gradually add the milk and water, whisking constantly, combining the flour as you go.
2. Whisk until you have a smooth batter. Set aside to rest for 30 mins, then add the 25g of melted butter into the batter
3. Pre-heat a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Lightly grease with the extra melted butter. Add a ladle of batter into the pan and swirl around so the pan is evenly coated. Don’t add too much batter as your looking for a thin pancake. Cook for about 45 seconds until golden brown, flip onto the other side and cook for a further 30 secs.
4. Slide out the pan, and repeat until all the batter has been used up.
5. Sprinkle lemon and a dusting of Sugar and enjoy!
Now the best thing about a classic pancake is you can get as creative as you like with the filling including nutella and banana which is always a winner!