Go state side with these Light and fluffy American style pancakes, perfect for any time of the day.
135g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 large egg, lightly egg
2 tbsp melted butter (cool down slightly), plus extra for cooking.
1. In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar. In a separate bowl, add the milk and egg and lightly whisk together, add the melted butter and whisk.
2. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, and beat until you have a smooth batter. Leave the batter to stand for a few minutes.
3. Heat a non-sticking pan pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter. Once melted, add a ladle of batter. It will seem very thick, but that’s what you want. Once the top of the pancake begins to bubble, flip it over and cook until golden brown on both sides, and the pancake has risen to about 1cm(1/2in)thick.
4. Repeat the process until all the batter is used.
5. Serve with maple syrup and a handful of blueberries.
Looking to avoid a pancake disaster, then flip perfect pancakes with our Cermalon 100% Non-Stick pan set with FREE spatula.