Cupid has drawn back his bow to create some love this Valentine's Day with these cute heart shaped shortbread biscuits. As they say food is the best way to win someone's heart so we're making a double batch just to be sure!
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Easy
TIME: 60 mins
HEALTHY RATING: 5/10
IDEAL FOR: Seasonal baking
- 125g Unsalted Softened Butter
- 55g Caster Sugar
- 180g Plain Flour
- 100g Chocolate (Pick from milk, dark or white or go crazy and do a few of each!)
Preheat the oven to 190°C
- Start by beating the butter and sugar together, until smooth.
- Stir in the flour and mix together until you have a smooth mixture.
- Turn out the mixture onto a work surface and with a rolling pin, roll until the depth is 0.5mm.
- Cut into rounds or small heart shapes. With a spatula, carefully peel the shapes up and place on baking parchment on a Cookways baking tray. Place in the fridge and chill for 20 mins.
- Sprinkle with caster sugar and place in the oven to bake for 15-20 mins.
- Remove and rest the biscuits on the baking tray for 5 minutes, then turn out and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwaveable bowl and when the biscuits are cool, dip half of the shortbread in the chocolate. Leave to set.