RECIPE OF THE WEEK comes from our spreadsheet man Lee T, with a keen eye for trying the latest diets and big on fitness, this recipe is quick and easy if your looking for a healthy bite to eat.
As a follower of the Paleo regime, eggs, meat and veg form a major part of my diet. Being time-pressured, keen on simplicity and a hater of waste, this recipe is perfect as it is done and dusted within 5 mins and uses up any spare ingredients you may have in the fridge. I love a runny yolk, so, in effect this dish is like an unscrambled omelette!
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: EASY
TIME: 10 Minutes
HEALTHY RATING: 8/10
IDEAL FOR: Breakfast or Lunch
Raid the fridge for the following:
1x Courgette thinly sliced
1x Red or Yellow Pepper
1x Onion chopped
2 Rashers of Bacon, sliced into strips (I like smokey)
Sea Salt and Black Pepper to season
1. In a small frying pan, sauté the onion in a little olive oil, sea salt and black pepper for 5 minutes, then add the bacon, peppers and courgette. This should season the pan nicely and create some moisture for the next step
2. Take a good handful of spinach and fry in the pan: this will wilt down fast, so don't be shy on the spinach as it is a great source of nutrients and dietary fibre.
3. Once the spinach has wilted, part the veg making space in the centre of the pan, then crack in two eggs.
4. Cook on a medium heat for 3 minutes, and then place the pan under the grill until the eggs are done. This saves messy flipping of the eggs and keeps the yolk in business.
5. Serve on a plate with a nice big mug of tea. Lovely!
* This recipe is very versatile and can be enjoyed with a number of ingredients to suit your tastes, or even served on a slice of toasted granary.